Shoreline Re-Naturalization Site Visits
Do you have lawn up to the shore? Do you want to improve your shoreline and help keep your lake healthy for future generation? Book a free site visit with a shoreline naturalization expert. During these visits, we will provide you with advice and recommendations to improve the health of your shoreline property and help you design a “natural edge” using the Watersheds Canada Natural Edge app.
If planting is recommended and you decide to move forward with a shoreline re-naturalization project, we can offer you all the resources you need to get started through the generous support of our funding sponsors. Resources in our Shoreline Re-naturalization Starter Kit include a customized planting plan, educational materials and native plants to create natural habitat along your shoreline.
For $250.00, landowners purchasing the starter kit will receive:
- Free site visit
- Customized re-naturalization planting plan for your shoreline property
- 50 native plants that can include 10 potted (large) plants, 35 bare root (small) and 5 wildflowers
- 45 Coconut fibre pads to deter grass from growing around new plantings
- Tree guards for all deciduous trees
- Mulch for your wildflowers
- Plant Care Guide with instructions on how to take care of your new plants
- Habitat Creation Guide
- Wildflower Garden Guide
Free site visits and reduced starter kits are offered only to those with lawn to the shore.
If your shoreline is already natural and you simply want to move it ahead, attend a Design Your Own Shoreline Garden workshop or we offer site visits and custom designs at a basic cost. Ask us for more information.